—compiled by Parish Historian Margaret Sankovitz
St. Robert of Newminster Parish was incorporated in 1912. The first Mass was celebrated in a small wooden building hastily constructed on the south side of Mineral Spring Rd. (Capitol Dr.) on July 6, 1913. A permanent church/school building was erected by October, 1913, and the wooden church was razed.
St. Robert School was opened in September, 1915, with four grades on the second floor of the church/school building. From 1915 until 2002, it was staffed by Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, Wisconsin. The church/school building was added to in 1927, and again in 1958.
In 1937, the current St. Robert Church, a Milwaukee County Landmark and outstanding example of Lombardy Romanesque architecture, was erected, at which time the church space in the school became school space.
Msgr. Farrel P. Reilly was the founding pastor and served until his death in 1958. There have been six succeeding pastors: Rev. Gerald E. McGinnity, Msgr. Frank M. Schneider, Msgr. Harold O. Prudell, Rev. Richard J. Cerpich, Rev. John J. Pulice, and Rev. Dennis A. Dirkx.